Friday, June 10, 2016

Oakham Mayor Says Oakham Town Council should Draw A Line and Move On, Rutland Radio News Its like a stuck record



Oakham Mayor on Rutland Radio News says the council should draw a line and move on.

He repeatedly draws lines, he did it when he was appointed Mayor and very rapidly
turned back the clock.

I strongly believe people specially people like Adam Lowe and Joyce Lucas should
be held responsible for their past disgusting conduct. They both are part of the old
guard who has caused a great deal of harm are we going to draw another line
when Leicestershire Police Anti Corruption Unit Publish their report in a few weeks
time?

I can no longer believe a word Cllr Adam Lowe says or his false promises he continually
renews.

Cllr Lowe mentions there are some sanctions that could be imposed.

The monitoring officer has made a mistake by leaving this open ended there is no
end time to the sanction.

In a email to me and the council she has suggested Oakham Town Council can set
a end date. I can imagine that will be a few years away.

In her Decision Document she makes recommendations and there is only one
Oakham Town Council can consider and that is

6 6.1 4 

Oakham Town Council should not appoint Councillor Brookes to any Committees 
or working group until his conduct improves.


There is no mention of removal from committees or working groups.
I am not on any working groups and I stepped down myself from the
Planning Sub Committee which causes the council more of a issue than
me no one else wanted to be on it.

There is one problem I am seeking advice on because of the odd way Oakham
Town Council conducts its business the Parks and Planning Committee is used
to consider most extra full council business, they council will have to call
extra full council meetings or go through the farce of letting me take my seat
when they consider no planning and parks items.

They sanctions are a farce when it comes to parish council level if this was a
county council it would hurt a member in the pocket because unlike parish
councillors they are paid for sitting on committees.

In my case the sanctions serve no purpose and in the case of the planning sub
committee is highly likely to be an issue for the council and not me that is
why I stepped down from that committee