Friday, September 08, 2017

Take an Old Bag To Tesco No more 5p Bags

Take an Old Bag To Tesco No more 5p Bags

When I sometimes forget to take an old bag to Tesco I did not mind paying the 5p
because I thought it all was going to a good cause.

Government data reveals Tesco deducted administration costs  totalling £3.4m from plastic bag tax charity donations, from plastic bag sales, unlike other major supermarkets

I wonder how much of the 10p I paid for the new smaller bag for life will be passed to charity?






Old 5p described recently by Tesco
as the one use bag although the print
on the bag says different













Old 10p Bag for Life





The new smaller 10p bag for life







If Tesco was still selling the old 
5p bags I might have responded more 
favourable to the new begging message
that appears on the screen of the self 
service tills  to round up my bill 
for payment for charity

I wonder how many millions Tesco will 
keep to administer that fund?