Sunday, March 28, 2021

Cllr Zoë Nealson Oakham Town Council Oakham Rutland

Cllr Zoë Nealson


My name was Zoë Neal but tomorrow morning (Monday 29th March 2021) I got to married the love of my life and we will became Mrs and Mrs Nealson. We have had to delay our celebrations for various reasons but are very excited to be one of the first couples in Rutland to be married post lockdown.

Because of ongoing restrictions it will be just me, Rachel and our two witnesses tomorrow but we are lucky to be planning a full wedding ceremony with a celebrant and all our friends and family for next year (to be followed, of course, by a wonderful party where we get to embarrass our children with our uncool dancing!)

I am one of the town councillors elected to represent Oakham North East Ward. I grew up in Oakham surrounded by a large extended family so when I left to study and work in Birmingham I continued to visit the town regularly and always thought of Oakham as home. When I was diagnosed with MS and medically retired I returned to Oakham and now live happily with my wonderful wife and our three young children.

I was incredibly proud to join the council in 2018 and have learnt a lot in a short space of time. I have always loved Oakham and have a vested interest in raising my family in a town that embraces its history and traditions whilst simultaneously striving to move forwards to keep opportunities open to residents.

If you have any questions for me about Oakham, the town council or events that are happening please email me at znealson@oakhamtowncouncil.gov.uk