Sunday, March 28, 2021

Cllr Andy Burton who was co-opted on to the council in October 2020


 Cllr Andy Burton


Andy Burton who was co-opted on to the council in October 2020. 

He has jumped straight in to leading a working group to forge relationships with local businesses as well as being part of the working group to improve the councils social media. 

Andy's agricultural knowledge has been a hugely valuable asset, particularly when it comes to discussing planning applications.

Andy says,

"Hi, I’m Andy Burton.

I recently became a member of Oakham Town Council representing Oakham North East.

My wife and I have three grown up daughters and two grand children. I have spent all my working life in Agriculture, I currently work with a Lincolnshire Company manufacturing crop trace elements and Bio-Stimulants.

We moved to Oakham in 2018 from the East Riding of Yorkshire where I served for 20 years as a Councillor on East Riding of Yorkshire Councils Cabinet with responsibilities including Economic investment, Planning, Highways and Transport, Community Engagement and Lifelong Learning.

My passion and interest in local Government led me late in life to study the subject at Huddersfield University where I attained an MA in politics.

I am really proud to have been selected to represent the residents of Oakham and I look forward to getting involved in many of the issues and challenges that face us during these difficult times.

Should you need to get hold of me I can be contacted by email at aburton@oakhamtowncouncil.gov.uk

Thanks

Cllr Andy Burton"