Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My visit too Oakham Town Council.

My visit too Oakham Town Council.


Yesterday I visited Oakham Town Council. The visit was prearranged. The treatment I received was disgusting.

I arranged the visit to view the public comments relating to Tescos planning application.

The Town Council decide at this evenings planning committee meeting on a recommendation to pass to RCC.

When I arrived at the front door I was told to go the back door. I could not use the front door like other Councillors and members of the public. Because the Town Clerk Richard White has returned to work.

I arrived in the Council Chamber to view the comments slips and the internal office door was immediately locked! Why? What does Oakham Town Council think I am going to do to The Town Clerk? This is the man who often shouted at me and now seems to have a great fear me. The same man who said it was ok for me to speak to him outside his home last Saturday because the rule only applied at work. What a farce!

After bout twenty minutes had passed Richard White left the building and the assistant clerk unlocked the door and said I could help myself to coffee.

The Town Clerk is paid nearly £35,000 a year and he can not cope with me, what a joke. Does the Town Council not understand who this treatment makes me feel?

The Mayor said she wanted no problems this year, she wants to earn gold status for the council this year. Really? The Council has serious problems we have no accounts. Accounts should have been completed on 31 March ready to be Audited and presented at the AGM that has passed and now the Town Clerk ask do we have problem delaying another month and to think he is paid £35,000 plus to produce accounts for a spending total of £230,000 If I was employed by anyone to do the same job I am confident this failure would have resulted in me loosing my job. Oh well never mind its only tax payers money why worry!

I trust the Town Clerk won't be at the meeting tonight or is he going to conduct the meeting from behind a locked door?