Friday, March 12, 2010

My Decision

My decision to raise a complaint against a fellow member of Oakham Town Council, was not taken lightly.

The Code of conduct clearly states members must not influence any matter, using coercion, harassment, inducement or pressure.

On the 3rd March 2010 a member tried to influence me.

As a Councillor, I must debate and make a individual informed decision on matters on any agenda.

Pressure and coercion was used at private meeting before the full town council meeting held at Victoria Hall.

I later questioned why this was done. To safeguard public money, I have asked Leicestershire Police to investigate the circumstances behind the spending of this £30,000 of public money.

If no wrong is found, I would still ask why I was told I should not bring my concerns to the full council meeting.

Cllr Martin Brookes