Monday, June 21, 2010

Arts For Rutland and Oakham Festival

Today has been a very eventful day.

It all started when I opened my emails to find abuse from George Carey, Committee Member for Arts for Rutland.

Mr Carey used to work for Rutland County Council, once again the common link another common link to my troubles is Mr Carey likes to drink, I believe this happened when he lost his job in a new county after leaving his job at Rutland County Council.

Sadly Mr Carey has a part time job behind the bar in the Wheatsheaf, so that will be a nice pub on my list to avoid in the future.

I am very pleased Mr Carey has done the right thing by offering his resignation and hope it is accepted, allthough I believe the elite will reluctently accept his offer.

Now we arrive at the Oakham Festival Committee. While I was visiting the Council office the chairman of the Committee telephoned and spoke with the town clerk, I could clearly hear Joy Everret. She had decided the Oakham Festival committee did not want me as the Town Councils elected appointed rep. I guess she is still happy to accept the tax payers contribution they receive each year to spend as they wish amongst the elite.
Joy was attempting to drag The Town Clerk into a conversation against me. Of course this time the Town Clerk was very professional and told Joy he could not say anything because I was standing next to him.

I will be questioning the legality of this decision, I have been advised what ever happens Oakham Town Council can not appoint another member for six months, because of the six month agenda rule and I have not and certainly wont resign from the appointment.

I see Arts for Rutland and Oakham Festival groups as exclusive group the program for this year festival is one of the worse, spaces filled with events in pubs and church and Oakham School that would go ahead festival or no festival.

At Friday's launch reception I met a few nice artists, but most of the people who attend could be seen at any Rutland's events where there is free booze and grub on offer. Most of the ignorant people ignored me No ordinary members of the public attended.

There should be and these people should take a look at themselves and ask why?

I really hope the Arts Council stop funding these elite groups, I know Rutland County Council wont stop funding because of its connections and the same for Oakham Town Council.

The way these people behave towards me is a disgrace. the bullying, harassment must stop! a police officer said he did not think it would ever stop and he said they messed up by allowing me to become a councillor and advised me not to lower myself to there level.

I agree but it is hard when one person is attacked by so many people in such a nasty way.

Cllr Fillingham said I deserve all I get.  I can only difference between her herself, her friends and drinkers in the street is they all have homes. The street don't harass, intimidate or bully you for over a year.

The sad thing about this all is I really support proper artists, not these stupid committee members. I enjoy the talents of our many local artists and was looking forward to helping them if the wanted my help.