Thursday, March 10, 2011

Rutland County Council Customer Service E-mail

Yesterday I was annoyed to read once again I am being blamed for ex Cllr Jan Fillinghams illness.
 Ex Councillors Jim Harrison and Allen Kelly both blame me in their resignation letters.

In response I sent a carefully worded email statement and this prompted the following response from Rutland County Council, who claim I send e-mails that contain foul language and other inaccurate claims. If their statement was true I am sure others on the mailing list would have spoken to me. I do not personally use or  foul language in e-mails  I send out.

I have made a formal complaint. It is fine for the Council to issue a disclaimer but the additional lies are not needed.

It is a pity the don't find who used council computers to send me foul and homophobic messages.
Leicestershire police claim to be investigating.

Email from Rutland County Council:

Dear All

For the avoidance of any doubt, on behalf of Rutland County Council I would like to make you aware that emails which you might receive from Mr Martin Brookes are in no way endorsed or supported by the County Council or any of its officers.

The emails are unsolicited and we have no control or influence over the content of the emails.

We recognise and understand the concept of 'Free Speech'.  We also recognise that some of the content of the emails sent is potentially libellous, includes foul language, targets individuals and has the capacity to be hurtful.

Should any recipients of the emails require support then please feel free to contact the County Council using this email address.




From: Martin Brookes [mailto:martinjbrookes@hotmail.com]
Sent: 09 March 2011 15:48
To: Alan Walters; alex.oram@standardsforengland.gov.uk; Alf Dewis Council; Alison OTC; Barrie Roper; Brian Montgomery; Chris Parsons; christopher.dickson@leicestershire.pnn.police.uk; Charlotte Jones; cllr adam lowe; Cllr Lorna Grey; Chris Parsons; duncana@parliament.uk; Deborah Stuart; Enquiries; enquiries@rutlandradio.co.uk; enquiries@standardsforengland.gov.uk; flintr@parliament.uk; Geoffrey Pook; Geoffrey Pook; Helen Briggs; Heather Wells; Hugh Rees; Jan Fillingham Council; Jeff Dale; John Duckham; jn@oakham.rutland.sch.uk; John Duckham; Joyce Lucas Council; Janine Rodger; Kenneth Bool; Mark Longhurst; Maureen Dodds Council; Mark Longhurst; Mr Duncan; Gene Plews; Mark Wells; news@oakfm.co.uk; newsdesk@leicestermercury.co.uk; Nicholas Wainwright; Peter Jones; Peter Golden; Peter Ind; Planning; Roger Begy; Richard Gale; rutland times; rwhite@oakhamtowncouncil.gov.uk; Sharon Spencer Council; sharon spencer; smeditor@stamfordmercury.co.uk; Trevor Ellis; Terry King; Theresa Stokes; Terry King; Trevor Lovell; tor clark; towncouncil@oakham.uk.com; Theresa Stokes; Vijay Dighe; woody.home@tiscali.co.uk
Subject: Statement

I am fed up with being blamed for Ex Councillor Jan Fillingham's Cancer.

Most people know she has suffered Cervical Cancer, Councillor Sharon Spencer told me about a year ago.

Medical history and lifestyle - especially sexual habits - play a role in a woman's chances of developing cervical cancer.

Ex Councillor Kelly writes I caused her illness in his resignation letter and so does Ex Councillor Jim Harrison.

I find any suggestion I have caused her illness highly offensive.

If I was to be blamed for her alcoholism I would also be annoyed as this was a problem before I had any contact with her.

From

Martin Brookes






Rutland County Council

Customer Service Centre: 01572 722 577

Visitor Parking Information & Map:
http://www.rutland.gov.uk/visitormap

Email Enquiries: enquiries@rutland.gov.uk
Council Website: http://www.rutland.gov.uk
Visiting Rutland? http://www.discover-rutland.co.uk

The views expressed in this email are those of the author and may not be official policy.
Internet email should not be treated as a secure form of communication.
Please notify the sender if received in error.