Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Oakham Town Council Election Nominations No Election for Oakham Voters

Oakham Town Council Election Nominations No Election for Oakham Voters

12 seats 7 nominations, Two for me. Is this a sign of what the residents really think about Oakham Town Council?

Many people I speak to say what is the point of Oakham Town Council.

It cost so much of their money. I will do my best to reduce the extravagant spending and try and get future council tax bills cut.

Is it time for this council to be dissolved?

Councillor Dewis says its no longer the old boys club, so what is its purpose?

I am concerned the council won't be able to function with 6 councillor, no disrespect to those who have failing health due to age or other issues, what will happen when there is not a quorum due to their ill health.

Councillor Haworth has not been well recently he has been seen staggering around Tesco unshaved, filling his basket with pot noodles and benefiting from Coca Cola's buy 2 get free 2 offer.

I suspect some people may be waiting to be co-opted preferring to take the easier route into the council. Like ex Councillor Paul Beech I don't support co-opting. I will vote against any co-option.

I am disappointed there is no election. I  will do my best to stop a few people squandering public money.

Here is the list of persons nominated:


Parish of Oakham South West

Alf Dewis (Independent also standing for Rutland County Council) 59 Redland Road, Oakham, Rutland, LE15 6PH.

Parish Of Oakham South East

Martin Brookes (Very independent also standing for Rutland County Council) 13 Willow Crescent, Oakham, Rutland, LE15 6EQ

Adam Lowe (This man wrote to me to say he was not standing very odd) 1 Hill Road, Oakham, Rutland, LE15 6PA

Parish of Oakham North West

Martin Brookes (Very independent also standing for Rutland County Council) 13 Willow Crescent, Oakham, Rutland LE15 6EQ  Thank you to my nominators I have withdrawn from this seat can only have one.

Charles Haworth 25 Barleythorpe Road, Oakham, LE15 6NR

Enid Lucas commonly known as Joyce Lucas 15 Lonsdale Way, Oakham, Rutland, LE15 6LP

Parish of Oakham North East

Maureen Dodds 42 The Park, Ranksborough Hall, Langham, Rutland, LE15 7EL