Thursday, June 02, 2011

Conservative Councillor Gene Plews says Oakham Police Station is full of inaction

Rutland County Conservative Councillor Gene Plews says Oakham Police Station is full of inaction, I agree with him on this one.  I think this a very important statement about Leicestershire Police.

I wrote to council regarding the posters displayed in the Greetham ward at the last election. I felt the police were infective when it came to dealing with election issues.

My email prompted Conservative Councillor Gene Plews to send the following e-mail to Conservative Leader Roger Begy and Deputy Conservative Leader Terry King.

From: Gene Plews
Sent: 21 April 2011 19:36
To: Roger Begy
Cc: Terry King
Subject RE:

Rodger, I appreciate that its your choice what to do but-I spoke to Terry about the latest ill founded
accusation regarding all Conservatives being behind the poster campaign in Greetham posted by Brookes, and the last personal paragraph below is totally out of bounds in my view against you.

I cannot keep buying into Geoff telling everyone to refer to Oakham Police (redacted by RCC) because they seem to do nothing when you call in and are full of inaction.

Ignoring everything is wearing a bit thin considering the broad scale of attacks against anyone and everyone?

It seems those offended against are bat and balled between Geoff and the Police and get nowhere?

(redacted by RCC) had another run in with the desk PCSO today and I believe has made a complaint at
the way he was treated against this officer.

We have the Chair of the Police Authority based in Rutland, has Barrie made any in-roads as to why there is
never any known police action?

Thanks Gene


The email I sent to Rutland County Council and other that prompted Cllr Plews email

From: Maritn Brookes
Sent: 21 April 2011 17:21
Subject:

Oakham Police station does not believe Roger Begys supporters Posters break election law.

Mr Smith at the front desk tells me, I should expect all that happens if I decide to live in public life.

So playing by the same rules as Roger Begy I am considering having posters produced asking is it acceptable for him to have so many standards complaints against him?

Did he not try and force a Greetham resident to sell him land only stopping when he approached a family member?