Thursday, September 15, 2011

Excluded From Oakham Town Working Group Cllr Lucas Said "it will happen more often"

At last nights council meeting members publicly voted me of the Policy Working Group.

After a complaint led by Cllr Alf Dewis, Cllr Haworth and Cllr Lowe

They complained after I had a argument with Cllr Dewis, causing him to walk out of an informal working group meeting.

Cllr Lucas lacked manners and failed to notify me of his intention to seek an exclusion at the public meeting.

I left the room while members voted the public remained.

When I returned to find I had been voted of the group I expressed my disappointment regarding the exclusion.

The Mayor responded "it will happen more often"

Its very sad Oakham Town Council is run using fear and intimidation.

Then it was brought to my attention new members were appointed whilst I was absent from the meeting. I only made my self absent when member were discussing me.

So  as a result of this the proposal and votes were voided and a standing order revoked to revisit the matter.