Sunday, October 02, 2011

The Dangers of Photographing Oakham by Inspector Johnny Monks Leicestershire Constabulary

A long, long time ago I made a complaint about Leicestershire Constabulary and its Inspector John Monks so loved by Rutland County Council, Oakham Town Councillors and ex Councillors.

Case ref: CO 454/10 & 26/11

Since 2009 Inspector Monks has listened to a number of complaining bullies. In 2010 I complained about lack of action his officers took against Mr Tyers, when he assaulted and verbally abused me, I standing in the middle of a closed road to photograph the events of the towns remembrance service. Mr Tyers who is married to the drunk knickers dropping ex Councillor Sue Tyers approached me. I complained to Inspector Monks officers and they took Mr Tyers business card and let him carry on his way!

After this Inspector Monks felt I had become a vulnerable person and he says in his statement made to Detective Inspector Barber and Detective Sergeant Eyley, He had cause to request I attend Oakham Police Station in order for him to discuss concerns he had.  In his view I am presenting myself as a vulnerable person. 'Because I Blog on a website' he also said 'This is also compounded at times by the way he conducted himself around Oakham town, such as photographing people going about their daily business' 'Mr Brookes himself could become subject of harassment, or even assault by other members of the public'


So if this is the case why is not the polices job to protect me the law abiding member of the public.

It is not illegal to blog about Councillors or to take photographs in public and it is most certainly not a medical condition.

Inspector Monks either only listens to the Councillors complaints and  lies or he is a liar?

In his statement he says I photographed a Councillor leaving a supermarket with a trolley containing wine. I then published that photograph on my blog saying they have a drink problem. People who often read my blog will know that  is clearly a lie. I photographed a trolley in Tesco full of booze and said it was the second trolley of a councillor who clearly who does have a drink problem and I did not name them. The same councillor also complained to Tesco because I had used my camera instore. Of course since the Guardian saga, Tesco has told BBC Watchdog they have no problem with anyone taking photographs in any of their stores.

My complaint took months to investigate and minutes for Detective Chief Inspector Geoff Brookes to read and say Inspector Monks has no case to answer.

I have subsequently lodged my appeal with the IPCC. Leicestershire Police investigating themselves is a joke.

Councillors and Ex spend most of their time attempting to block my access to events to restrict my blogging and photography, but when their groups mess up they come begging.

I was approached today from a Rutland Group, not the first requesting my photographs for their websites as their own photographs are not good enough. I always and will reply politely, saying in other words that mean get lost.

I hope one day those responsible for exclusion and bullying will realise their actions also effect others....

I will continue to photograph any public local event I can and if there is a misbehaving Councillors or ex, I hope the local police will now deal with them and not ask the new Inspector to call my doctor.

Here is the last big joke from Leicestershire Detective Chief Inspector he signs his letter, which ends

"Improving Confidence Through Raising Standards