Friday, April 09, 2021

Cancer Research UK Market Place Oakham Rutland for far to many years this charity shop has made our market place look like a dump.

Cancer Research UK Market Place Oakham Rutland for far to many years this charity shop has made our market place look like a dump.

I often wonder why people here in Oakham are so anti charity shops, then I thought about it. Each time I walk through the market place I notice how it is blighted by Cancer Research. If it is not being used as a dump for residents rubbish, its their own weekly mountain of rubbish dumped outside the shop. I often look at what they throw out and think what a waste. Yesterday I notice a large bag full of brown paper bags still sealed in original packaging, along with many other bags containing many new items. used to run the shop, I personal nominate Cancer Research as the most disgraceful and wasteful charity shop here in Oakham. Cancer research appears to have far too much money. I and others remember when they wasted over £20,000 refurbishing this shop in 2013 and opening it for a very short period of time as a boutique style charity shop before reverting it back to a normal charity shop. £20,000, Just a little more than they pay each of their store managers. There are plenty of other business's in the Market Place that include the selling of food and drink, they don't dump in the market place.