Thursday, September 16, 2010

Don't let Tesco Self Service Rob You

LONDON, ENGLAND - APRIL 20:  A Tesco flag flie...Image by Getty Images
Shopping in Oakham Tesco every penny counts.

My shower gel has gone up 20p this week along with other huge increases on other items.

So I don't expect to be further robbed at the checkout.

Often I chuck the coins in the slot to pay, then trust the machine to count the coins. Often I have to dig into my pocket and find an extra coin.

Today I took my calculator shopping and counted the coins, the machine churned away and to my surprise it asked for more money! I knew I had paid the correct money, so I pressed the button for assistance. The assistant arrived swiped a card, coins were returned less my missing coins, after a few more pushes of buttons the assistant found a list of coins I had inserted, the total was as I said I had paid.

I wonder how many customers are loosing out to this technical failure?

So next time you are using self serving and you are sure you have paid the correct amount and you are asked for more cash don't pay! call for assistance it the red button at the bottom right hand side of the screen.
Enhanced by Zemanta