Saturday, September 18, 2010

New Deal Tax Payers Rip Off Working Links Leicester

New Deal Tax Payers Rip Off Working Link Leicester

I have decided to blog what New Deal really is!

For many months now I have attended Working Links in Leicester as part of New Deal.
Working Links provides no service for the long term unemployed.
A service the tax payer funds they won't tell me how much they receive each week I attend to do job search and just to have that logged.

For over two months I asked to see my advisor, I was told there was more needy causes.

All I can say I hope they have been out of work for longer than three years.

I often see people who need  basic help such as using computers not getting that help.

I don't believe it is the local staff's fault.

The more referrals, the more income, so the unemployed are just a commodities.

Hers is a photo diary of New Deal Working Links Style today.



The first task is to write a cheque,
to pay for the train to Leicester



I leave my home at 9.30 am
 and head for the bank



I arrive at the bank



Welcome to
National Westminster Bank
Oakham  Branch



Now I have £12 cash it's off to Oakham Station
to buy the Ticket, Tax Payers will refund this
money later , Cash down the drain.



I arrive at the booking hall at Oakham
station at 10.00 am



I purchase my ticket,
I always obtain a receipt.
Working Links constantly
changes procedures
and no longer requires one



East Midlands Train Ticket an Receipt



The East Midlands Train To Leicester
arrived early, so we waited for the
correct departure time



I arrive at Leicester station
at 10.50 am



I arrived at Working Links at
11.00 am



Working Links has a very
dated image, I  think that is a record



On arrival I sign in and once again my name is not on the list



I make a coffee to drink whilst having another
look at the Leicester Mercury Job Section



The only problem is all the copies of this
weeks Leicester Mercury have vanished!
I am treated to some leaflets from Working Links


A Handy Tip



I take my own computer because Working Links does not provide enough,
if you do wait to use theirs, the staff are very keen to get you off and pass you
to a advisor who logs your job search.

A production line of job seekers!



I see a advisor not pictured here
he is  large ex school teacher
who has burgers on his mind.
He logs my job search and has a chat
he still thinks he is at school, as he says
I tell all my children! he stops and says sorry.
(last weeks advisor has gone back to university
so you can see working links is employing people
who are experienced in helping people back to work)

The advisor drew a burger  to explain how I should contact 5
employers to ask for work or unpaid work experience.

That's it New Deal from Job Centre  Plus and Working Links Leicester

I departed at 12.00

Then I headed to the bank to repay the money at the bank
before  Weatherbys notice I had borrowed their money



One of the good things about the holding of a Private Bank
account you can avoid the queuing if the branch has one of these

Its a good thing because this branch has only two windows open 
 and the new robots taking up the place of three previous windows
can't count £2 coins!