Friday, February 04, 2011

Working Links Leicester the Big Issue / Bell

At working links Leicester Today, busy job searching and suddenly I jumped out of my seat.  Someone had just rung a large bell and the man next to me cheered and clapped.

I have just found working links has used government and European funding to purchase a brass ships bell!

Photograph to follow.

Job seekers like myself must ring the bell when we get a job offer! Yippee! I can't wait for my turn!

This is not a joke it is for real!


I would like to blog a lot more about working links, but the last time I did they banned me from Daily Job Search.

Working Links is funded by the Government and the European Union and Job Centre Plus is a main stakeholder. I have learnt the advisor if they don't like you they can sanction you, meaning you loose Job Seeker allowance for up to six months, if they don't help you to find employment the sanctions are a way they can also ensure they get there much talked about bonuses. I am coming to the end of my experience of Working Links so I won't say anymore.

I imagine Rutland County Council and Oakham Town Council wish they had the same power over people!