Monday, April 26, 2021

Meet Co-opted Oakham South Oakham Town Councillor Richard Fresia-Farrelly

 Meet Co-opted Oakham South Oakham Town Councillor Richard Fresia-Farrelly





Oakham Town Council say,

This week we meet Richard Fresia-Farrelly. Richard was co-opted on to the council in October 2020 and instantly became an active voice in meetings, working groups and committees. Richard is a joy to work alongside, he has a keen interest in the towns future and is empathetic and articulate. He brings a wealth of knowledge in both commercial and charity sectors as well as being a family man and keen tennis player. 

Richard says:
"My name is Richard Fresia-Farrelly and I am proud & privileged to be a member of the Oakham Town Council & represent the Southern ward. I have a particular interest in supporting local businesses and enterprises, particularly so in these trying times, and am passionate about helping those from vulnerable communities in the local area.

Alongside my 'day job' holding several roles in the hospitality sector and sitting as a Council member on Oakham Town Council I am also Board Trustee & Chair for The Quetzal Project, a charity supporting victims of childhood sexual abuse in Rutland, Leicestershire & Leicester and a brand Ambassador for The Burnt Chef Project, an organisation raising awareness of mental health issues within the hospitality Industry. As a Fellow of The Institute of Hospitality, I also actively support their ‘Mentor Me’ project, growing talent within the hospitality sector.  

I have lived and worked in and around the East Midlands for the majority of my adult life and moved to Oakham over 12 years ago where I now live with my wife and young son enjoying the town and surrounding area as a fantastic place to be as a family."