Monday, August 09, 2021

Brendan Rodgers manager of Premier League club Leicester City says 'he works in local shop here in Oakham Rutland and that is why I am so popular'

Brendan Rodgers manager of Premier League club Leicester City says 'he works in local shop here in Oakham Rutland and that is why I am so popular'



Brendan Roger waiting for a Hoagies Sandwich


Today I met Brendan Rodgers the Northern Irish professional football manager and former player who is the manager of Premier League club Leicester City. A lot of people were asking him for selfies and he was agreeing to have his photograph taken. I was not sure who he was, so I asked him and he cheekily replied that he worked in a local shop and was very popular. It suggest he was fibbing, although there may have been a little truth with him saying he worked in a shop and that is why he was popular, he once worked for John Lewis in their main warehouse in Bracknell.  I asked a man who hand taken a selfie of Brendon whilst he waited with others for a sandwich from Hoagies of Oakham.


This reminded me of the time I was asked for a selfie in Tesco, I was working one Easter weekend, a man and his wife asked. The man had remembered me from my primary school days. I did not remember him.