Sunday, April 10, 2011

Voters in Rutland beware is your candidate Truly Independent or a Closet Tory

Voters in Rutland beware of the Closet Tories.

There are many examples of Rutland County Councillors standing as Conservative for one Election and then next as Independent.

Looking through the poll notices of 2007, I see Councillor Peter Jones was a Conservative candidate back then and still is today. The interesting thing is too read Independent Candidate Paul Beech proposed him and his wife seconded him.

This year Paul Beech is standing as a Independent, but this has not stopped him and his wife signing Councillor Jones papers for this May's Election as assentors.

There are many examples of a tangled web of names on the poll notices. why not take a look before you decided who to vote for.

Notice of Poll - Unitary 2011 (PDF, 180 Kb)

I just hope the Liberal Democrat in my ward doesn't  turn out to be a paid up member of the Conservatives.

At least this year, I along with the other voters in our ward have a proper choice this time around. Well its not that good.

2 seats to fill, 2 Conservative Candidates, 1 Liberal Democrat Candidate.

I don't want to waste my vote, so I will vote and it most certainly wont be wasted on a Tory.

Maybe as a Independent Candidate myself, I should not vote for any party?