Thursday, October 06, 2011

Cllr Adam Lowe, The Laughing Policeman Investigates, Leicester Police Style

Cllr Adam Lowe, The Laughing Policeman Investigates, Leicester Police Style

My Goodness! how does one get to be treated fairly 
by Oakham Town Council?

A couple of weeks ago I made a complaint about Oakham Town Councils Clerk Richard White.

Normally the Council would take no action, but this time they decided to do something. 

The Clerk had sworn at me during a conversation, this is the same man who colluded with Cllr Alf Dewis and they dreamt up a way to attempt to get rid of me from the Council, they both decided incorrectly I was a bully...

I asked the full council not to include Councillor Adam Lowe in the line up to investigate my complaint. 

I did not want a Councillor dealing with my complaint who calls me a prat in communications. The Full Council ignored my request.


I received an email from Adam Lowe, I responded saying I would not want to speak to him and all I required was an apology from the Clerk Richard White.

I received the following email I was shocked but not surprised to see my complaint had been pre-judged before any investigation. His email contains the following statement: 

"Currently the Clerk has no need to apologise as he has not done anything wrong".

And I think the following paragraph 

is typical of this Council. Its a disgrace!
 

It is in your interest to assist the panel as you have made allegations against the Clerk, which if you are unable or unprepared to substantiate could reflect on your conduct.

How can a person who calls me a prat be heading an investigation into my complaint. Especially when his subsequent apology lacked any meaning, because he only said sorry for not keeping his thoughts to himself


----- Original Message -----
From: Adam Lowe
Sent: 10/06/11 05:07 PM
To: Cllr Martin Brookes


Martin

The Panel is tasked with obtaining information from all relevant parties on the alleged offence.

 If you refuse, the Panel will only be able to consider evidence put before it from those who are prepared to give information to the Panel, therefore we will be unable to consider any evidence that you consider pertinent and our findings will be presented to the Council only on the information received,

It is in your interest to assist the panel as you have made allegations against the Clerk, which if you are unable or unprepared to substantiate could reflect on your conduct.

Currently the Clerk has no need to apologise as he has not done anything wrong.

Please reconsider, suggest a date so we can all meet to discuss.


Regards.

Adam