Sunday, August 01, 2021

Paul Browne Lib Dem Candidate Letter delivered to selected Oakham Residents for the Oakham South Rutland County Council By-Election 2021

Paul Browne Lib Dem Candidate Letter delivered to selected Oakham Residents for the Oakham South Rutland County Council By-Election 2021

Below is a copy of the letter, delivered by a good looking Lib Dem today.

I am no longer on the local mailing list since Cllr Gale Waler should have retired.

Although I remain on the National list. 

The content of the letter is not that different from the leaflet delivered the other week.

The candidate still thinks as a Councillor you can decide what opens up in our vacant shops. If he is elected he has a lot to learn. He mentions a town full of charity shops and politicians. 

Opticians reminds me of the time, when I was a town councillor and attempted to support that opinion, first I was verbally attacked in the street by a drunk friend of the landlords son, then Rutland County Councils planning wrote to me and quoted European law, that basically states no one could object to the change of use. I do often wonder why, The County Council is required to even consider or consult on any application these days, when European law is quoted and central government has taken away most local planning restrictions.


It would seem Mr Browne who claims to have been a expert in land and property law does not know the council cant tell landlords who they can let their property to. 

The other point in his letter is a council can't sort out Oakham Medical Practice issues. Our MP can and although she is a Conservative she is trying and certainly helped me sort an issue.

I once used the services of Paul Browne solicitors to be fair to him I was duped into using one of his legal executives who was absolute crap and to this date over ten years later the issue has never been resolved. So he certainly won't be getting my vote.