Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Martin Cownan Start Work on £74,000 New Path For Oakham Town Council Cutts Close Oakham Rutland

Martin Cownan Start Work on £74,000 New Path For Oakham Town Council Cutts Close Oakham Rutland

Work has started later than expected on
probably the most expensive piece of footpath ever.

Oakham Town Council is replacing a footpath in Cutts Close. The Council does not have a proper tender process, well not one that is fit for purpose. I think it is fair to say the Clerk is unable or not willing to seek tenders and this responsibility now falls to Councillors and most of the time Cllrs like Joyce Lucas can be heard in recorded meetings saying let not bother lets just get on with it.
Cllr Adam Lowe took on the task of attempting to obtain quotes for this job and was only able to find one quote, the task has taken so long we had two from the same firm, the first full of mistakes.

Most of the money to pay for this project is coming from 106 money stashed away. Money Oakham Town Partnership tried to steal from the council.

The money is meant to be used to attract residents into town, from the new housing development north or Oakham. I can see all the residents preparing now to rush into Cutts Close to look at the
splendid new path. If it is ever completed.

(Before Cllr Adam Lowe once again writes to me threatening to write to my employer, may I remind him of a judges comment when I posted about the new £30,000 roof on the bandstand a few years ago.
It was in the public interest for me to point out the disgraceful way Oakham Town Council wastes public public by constantly over paying for projects. I wonder if members would agree to such high costs if they were paying for these projects out of their own pockets? I very much doubt it. )