Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Rutland Conservatives Broke? Conservative Rutland County Councillors Funded Own Campaigns

Rutland Conservatives Broke? Conservative Rutland County Councillors Funded Own Campaigns

Around the time of last years local elections here in Rutland I was sent a copy of the Rutland & Melton Conservatives bank statement showing they were around £60,000 in debt.

I also received a begging letter addressed to Sir David Davenport -Handley  (begging from a OAP!)

Yesterday the members interest register was inspected at Rutland County County Council


My Councillor who now lives in Northamptonshire declares many interests.

He declares he is a member of the Conservative Party, He also writes, I will be having to pay my
own election expenses, but does not know how much.. I thought it was normal for a party to pay for
its candidates costs?

He also declares like most local Tory Councillors, I own a number of properties outside Rutland and Overseas.
He does not list the  address's.

FOR SOME VERY STRANGE REASON CONSERVATIVE COUNCILLOR GENE PLEWS IS PERMITTED NOT TO DECLARE ANY PERSONAL DETAILS IN THAT REGISTER RELATING TO HIS HOME ADDRESS?

Is it because he has bullied so many locals like Mr & Mrs G  the elderly couple I met the other night? Is he worried they might all turn up at his home to confront him?

He must be worried they might destroy his tiny Northamptonshire village.

With all his SAS connection surely it is a fully protected home?