Sunday, December 30, 2012

Sustainable transport hub, Oakham, Rutland, £4 million

undefined

At a meeting in October this year Rutland Councillors agreed in
principal to seek compulsory purchase orders for properties
near Oakham Railway Station. At the time the council would
not say who would be effected, Oakham Tyres was mentioned
but not confirmed.

I cam across the above plan, if I am looking at it correctly the
development will effect Oakham Tyres and other nearby companies.

If I am looking at it incorrectly it would be effecting Chief Executive
Helen Briggs current home and  I cant see that happening.

I took a look at the councils web site and looked at the supporting
documents.

I wonder how much public support their is for this development?

Looking at the supporting letters sent with the bid, I find it
interesting many letters are written by Councillors, wearing other hats
not that of a Councillor.

It was good to see Roger Begy the leader of the council can
once again rely on his golf club to write a good letter.

I think the funniest letter is from Hambleton Hall
If your guests are paying £200 - £630 a night to
stay a your posh hotel are they really going to want
to hop on a tourist bus when they have a Aston Martin or
a Lamborghini parked in your car park?

I was wondering what happened to the open top tourist bus that used
to run empty when I first moved to Oakham?